Greek Yogurt Fettuccine Alfredo

Greek

Oh how I love my pasta, and my all-time favourite just HAD to be Fettuccine Alfredo. Don’t get me wrong, I’ll eat pretty much any pasta dish, but this white sauce has a special place in my heart. However, as we all know, it is one of the more indulgent sauces you can eat, so it is definitely eaten in moderation.

I have tried numerous amounts of recipes for a healthier version of this beloved dish, but all were just plain gross or tasted nothing like the real deal…until now. I’m not claiming that this is an exact replica of the heavy, fat-laden sauce, but when your main ingredient is heavy cream, it’s a little challenging to find a combination of ingredients that mimic it exactly. But this comes pretty darn close!

This version cuts the fat of this dish from approximately 25g to 9g and contains 18g of protein! So for all of my Alfredo lovers out there, you can now “indulge” a little more often on this dish and of course have the real deal once in a while.

Have a great day!

Comments: 9

1. mom January 9, 2014 at 8:43 am Reply

yummm I’m making this for your (picky) brother tonight….as u know we can’t handle cream :))

• Christina January 13, 2014 at 8:35 am Reply

Yes we definitely know this haha

2. Davida @ The Healthy Maven January 9, 2014 at 9:33 am Reply

The blog looks great! And I love the Greek Yogurt sub. Is there anything GY can’t do??
    Davida @ The Healthy Maven recently posted…Maple Cinnamon SunbutterMy Profile

3. Amanda @ .running with spoons. January 9, 2014 at 1:37 pm Reply

White sauce is the love of my life. Actually, it’s pretty much the only pasta sauce I’ll eat… I don’t -mind- marinara, but I’d honestly prefer to just have plain buttered noodles buried in parmesan. Yes — I am all of 10 years old :mrgreen:
    Amanda @ .running with spoons. recently posted…. thinking out loud #60 .My Profile

4. Jules @ WolfItDown January 9, 2014 at 2:41 pm Reply

This sounds simply delicious! I can only imagine what flavours the cheese adds to it, mmmm!
    Might be an idea to make in the near future :D I love my pasta too, but hardly make it, noodles are just too darn easy to use instead… Need to change that! :D Thanks for a great recipe! x
    Jules @ WolfItDown recently posted…Glasgow Potato Scones with Smoked SalmonMy Profile

5. Ebby January 10, 2014 at 7:31 am Reply

Oh wow!! Super idea. I love your plate too, do you have the whole set are are you collecting new plates for your photos? We should check out Value Village and Good Will one day together if you want a few more presentation plates on the cheap! :D

• Christina January 13, 2014 at 8:36 am Reply

Nope it’s just the one plate. Yes sounds like a plan :)

6. Cassie January 10, 2014 at 10:45 am Reply

I have some pasta sitting in my cupboard, waiting to be used up. This may be perfect! :)

7. Jessie January 10, 2014 at 2:50 pm Reply

This is an awesome healthfied version of fettuccine Alfredo (which, to be honest, is one of my favorite pasta dishes ;) ). This looks amazing! I mean, look at those nutrition stats!

Also, I love your plate! That picture is gorgeous :)
    Jessie recently posted…Wild Blueberry Vegan “Ice Cream” with Ginger & LemonMy Profile