Maple Pumpkin Muffins

IMG_2261

HAPPY FIRST DAY OF FALL!! Pumpkin is officially in rotation and I cannot wait to share some of my favourite pumpkin and fall recipes. The fall season is my absolute favourite time of the year for many reasons and I’m still trying to find a place in the world where fall happens all year round. Haven’t found it yet, but I’m going to keep looking anyways.

There’s just something about fall that makes me feel cozy all the time, without even trying. The fresh air, the comfy sweaters, the copious amounts of tea and coffee, the gorgeous colours of the leaves, coming home to eat warm soups and of course pumpkin!

These muffins are moist on the inside with a little crunch on the outside, courtesy of the extra pumpkin seeds. You all know I love my homemade muffins and I ended up having the first one this morning with my last iced latte. I ended up baking these, along with another batch of muffins (will share these soon) this morning. I am really into this whole baking/cooking in the wee hours of the morning. It’s kind of tranquil to be doing this in my pajamas while watching the sun rise, knowing that most of the city isn’t even up yet. A bonus is that I get to enjoy the fruits muffins of my labour for breakfast, bonus!

Enjoy the day!!

Tagged: , , , ,

Comments: 7

1. Ebby September 22, 2013 at 10:04 am Reply

YAY!!! PUMPKIN SEASON! LOL. :D This looks so yummy!!!

2. Ksenija @ Health Ninja September 22, 2013 at 12:32 pm Reply

Oh my, those sound delicious! Love the combination of maple and pumpkin.

3. Erin @ The Almond Eater September 22, 2013 at 4:19 pm Reply

Good news: I have all of these ingredients in my kitchen right now, meaning i WILL be making these soon, hopefully this week. MMMMM will never tire of pumpkin.

4. Amanda @ .running with spoons. September 22, 2013 at 6:47 pm Reply

I’ve literally been counting down the days until fall officially hit, and here it is :D Now I just have to make sure to soak it all in because it’ll be over in about 2 weeks :lol:

5. Tara September 23, 2013 at 11:08 am Reply

Can’t wait for all these pumpkin recipes to roll around the blogosphere! These muffins look great. :) I need to start gathering my baking equipment and baking asap.

6. Katherine September 25, 2013 at 6:50 am Reply

Your blog looks so fallish right now, and I’m loving it! These muffins look fantastic! They look so hearty and filling!

7. Jessica December 31, 2013 at 2:46 pm Reply